Friday, April 1, 2011

You've got to enjoy it!

After seeing my 30 day results pictures, I knew that I had to keep going with P90X. I wanted the results and I wanted to be able to say that I was a P90X graduate. It didn't get easier after the first 30 days. I am not sure how far I was into the program but I had a mental break down. I was tired of being fat and working out everyday and not losing any weight. I was attached to that number on the scale. There was this one day, where Plyometrics was on my schedule. I still remember that Plyo was always on Tuesdays, I don't think I'll ever forget that. I hated Plyometrics because I hated cardio - it was SO hard for me! I pushed play on this particular Tuesday even though I did not want to. I dreaded doing it. I got about a quarter of my way through my workout and I just busted into tears. I am not even kidding, like I said I was having a mental break down. I was crying because I was so frustrated with my body and I hated working out! I didn't think it was fair that my friends could eat whatever they wanted and not exercise one bit yet still be tiny. Why couldn't I be like them? I remember thinking all of this. Plyo is hard even when you're in the right state of mind but adding tears just made it harder! I am not sharing this with you so you can feel bad for me, I just want to share my experiences. I want to let you know that I have not always been this die-hard fitness fan. I've had my fair share of struggles. To sum it up, I quit my pity party and I finished the P90X program. All 90 days of it! While I did see some physical changes, I think P90X helped me most with my mental state. I had this attitude afterward, if I can do 90 days of P90X, I can do anything. I felt great!

It just so happened that this new program TurboFire was released the same week that I ended my 90 days of P90X. TurboFire is a cardio kickboxing workout by trainer Chalene Johnson. I loved Turbo Jam and this was a step up from it, so I knew I definitely wanted to get it. I seriously was one of the first ones to order it when Carl Daikeler, CEO of Beachbody, announced that we could start placing our orders! To be honest, I was kind of nervous to start TurboFire because it was cardio and I hated all forms of it! But after doing just one TurboFire workout, I fell in love. I cannot say enough good things about this workout, it's fun, it's intense, it's just awesome! I looked forward to doing it everyday - unlike P90X. Plus, not all the workouts were an hour long so it was easier to commit myself to it.

My advice to you is to find a workout that you enjoy doing. If you hate doing something, chances are you won't push play everyday. You will find excuses not to work out. If you don't like exercising then you haven't found your soul mate workout yet. It's out there, I promise. Let me try to help you find it! It might not be the same program that I love, it may be different than the one your best friend uses. That doesn't matter because this is all about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment