Friday, April 22, 2011

GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!

I've been doing a ChaLean Extreme/TurboFire hybrid for the past 44 days. I've really stuck with this program and following it like the schedule says. I have noticed that the schedule has me doing strength training and then the next day it throws some cardio at me. For the most part it alternates between the two. There are 3 phases to ChaLean Extreme: Burn, Push, & Lean. Currently, I am in the Push phase. I believe I have 1 or 2 more weeks left of the Push phase. Then the schedule has me doing TurboFire workouts almost everyday for a few weeks. After that I'll begin the Lean phase. I think over the next month is when I will start noticing big changes in my body. TurboFire really helps my body burn calories and since I've been building up muscle for over a month, I will burn even more fat. Chalene Johnson always likes to say MUSCLE BURNS FAT! It's pretty much embedded in my brain now. Check out this video to learn more about ChaLean Extreme:

 

I recently got some new Bowflex SelectTech weights. They are SUPER nice and worth the investment! It's one set of dumbbells that you can turn a dial on to switch to a weight between 5-52.5lbs. I love that we don't have to have several dumbbell sets laying around the house and it's super quick to change weights. If you're doing strength training (which you should because MUSCLE BURNS FAT), I highly suggest looking in to getting a pair of these. Before all I had was a pair of 5 and 8 pound dumbbells. Now I am lifting up to 20 pounds with some exercises on ChaLean Extreme. The Push phase I am in now is all about lifting heavy, Chalene says GO HEAVY OR GO HOME! So now that I have the appropriate dumbbells to do that with, I am really feeling this workout! It makes me feel so strong, yet so weak at the same time! If you want to do ChaLean but don't have the financial funds for the dumbbells, you can always use resistance bands! There is always a person in the videos that uses the resistance band. They tend to be cheaper than weights but just as effective! Let me know if you're interested in learning more about ChaLean Extreme or any other Beachbody program!

No comments:

Post a Comment