Saturday, April 30, 2011

Getting Started

So many people ask me how I find the motivation to workout. So many people want me to give them some of my motivation. I can give it to you - but it's up to YOU what you do with the motivation I have to offer. I know how it feels to not want to work out... I still have those days. Some days, it's just because I'm being lazy. If that's your excuse too - then you have to make yourself workout. You know you will feel so much better afterward anyways! If you make yourself workout on your lazy days then you will feel so much better about yourself mentally and physically. On the other hand, if your body is in pain - sometimes it's ok to take a day off. It's important to allow your body a day of rest in order to recover and avoid over training. But sometimes you might just want to use the excuse that you're too sore to workout just to avoid working out. If this is the case, make yourself workout! Don't try to trick your own brain! If you want to reach your goals, you're going to have to go out of your comfort zone!

Working out for the first time in a long time can be hard. I think the hardest part of working out is getting started. But you've got to make yourself. I promise you - working out is going to make you feel a whole lot better than sitting on the couch. Not only will you have accomplished something great but exercising releases endorphins that give you a natural high! Even if it's only 20 minutes - just think of how many more calories you burned in those 20 minutes of exercise than you would of watching TV. I love the saying - No one ever regretted working out, they only regretted not working out. It's so true! So my advice to you if you're struggling to work out consistently is
  1. Find something you love! 
  2. Make yourself do it for 5 minutes - if after that time you don't feel like working out, then quit. But give yourself at least 5 minutes!
  3. Schedule your workout. Know not only what workout you're going to do the next day but at what time. Don't break this appointment with yourself!
  4. Just do it!!!!!
If you need more help getting started. If you just don't know where to begin. Please feel free to leave me a comment or email me: bbcoachalicia@gmail.com I would love to help you live a healthier life!

1 comment:

  1. Great motivational advice!! Thanks for putting this out there!

    ReplyDelete