Monday, April 4, 2011

Every Calorie Counts!

The number one piece of advice I give to people when they want to lose weight but don't have very much money is to count calories. This cost absolutely nothing and can make the world of a difference! My favorite site to log my food calories is MyFitnessPal. This site has a pretty large database of food, so you can just type in what you had and it's usually already in there. If it's not you can manually enter in the calories, fat, protein, carbs, etc. for that food. It's also great because it has a lot of popular restaurant nutrition facts as well. When I am eating out, I try to look up the menu items on my phone using the MyFitnessPal App to see what I can eat and stay within my calorie limit. Awesome website!

When I first started exercising, I didn't really think food mattered. I knew it was part of the formula, but I thought that I could exercise and still eat whatever I wanted and lose weight. Well that's not how it works. You've got to keep track of what you're putting in your body. Every single calorie counts. About 7 months ago, I got this amazing tool called the Bodybugg. It's a device that I wear on my arm that calculates how many calories I burn. It pretty much takes the guesswork out of weight loss. I can go online and enter my food into the bodybugg program and also see how much I have burned during the day. Since weight loss is all about burning more than you take in, I always have to make sure I have a deficit in calories. If you have the extra money, I highly suggest you get one. It's awesome, it really is! But really, you don't need one of these fancy tools to lose weight. All you need is a piece of paper and a pencil. Write down every little thing you put into your body. It will make you more conscious of what you're eating and you'll think twice before you sneak a cookie!

Have you had success counting calories? Leave me a comment, I want to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment