Monday, June 27, 2011

Asylum - Day 7

Wow! I could of swore I had made another blog update sometime between Day 3 and Day 6, but apparently not! I guess I have some catching up to do! You'll be glad to know that I have stuck with my scheduled workouts so far! Day 3 was Back to Core. I think that is probably my favorite Asylum workout! I always noticed in people's before/after Asylum pictures that they develop these awesome back muscles... now I know why! It is a workout that really focuses on your back and I definitely felt it the next day! Day 4 was Vertical Plyo. Oh my gosh! I do believe that was the hardest, most intense workout that I have EVER done. I was sweating buckets during it! Now I look back at it and even though it was only a couple days ago, I don't really remember what made it so intense. I just remember that I felt great after accomplishing it. I seriously wanted to quit after the warm-up, but I pushed through the entire thing! It felt awesome to accomplish something so hard. I am so blessed to have the athletic ability to get through that workout and any workout for that matter! Day 5 was a rest day and a much needed one at that! I was moving into an apartment on Saturday so I really didn't have the time or energy to complete an Asylum workout, so I am thankful that it was my rest day. Sunday came soon enough and I was back to doing Speed & Agility. This time around, I was able to do more of the moves before taking a short break. I also sweated a ton more than I remember sweating the first time! Today I have Day 7 - Strength.

As I mentioned, I moved into a new apartment on Saturday. Unfortunately, it's an upstairs apartment so working out is going to be quite difficult. I am thankful that I still live in the same town as my Mom, so that I can still use her basement as a workout area, but at the same time it just sucks. I don't want to have to drive somewhere to workout - that's what I hated about the gym. I could always use that as an excuse not to go. But this time it's going to be different. I am more committed this time than when I had a lousy gym membership. I'm glad I committed to the Asylum 7 days ago or else I probably would be more inconsistent with my workouts since my routine is changing.

I've decided, I've committed, & I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment