Thursday, June 23, 2011

Asylum Day 2 - Strength

Yesterday was my second day of Insanity the Asylum. Strength was the workout on schedule. It wasn't your typical strength training routine. It was more of cardio + strength. Almost all the different moves required the use of dumbells or resistance bands. What I really liked about this workout is there were some moves that you could either do on a pull-up bar or you could use dumbells instead. Shaun T shows you how to do it both ways. I really liked this because in our basement we don't have anywhere to set up a pull-up bar, so it was nice to be able to use dumbells instead. I found that this workout was a lot of pushups, but it's not just like pushup after pushup. He has you doing a different move inbetween pushups to make it crazy intense. By the end of the 50 minutes, I was dripping sweat! The last move he has you do is frog jump and then go back into a plank with one leg up in the air. I was literally slipping in my own sweat!

My inner thighs are really sore today, which really surprises me! That is the last thing that I thought would be sore. It is possible that they are sore from Day 1 and the second day soreness just hasn't caught up with me yet. Today I have Back to Core on schedule for Day 3.

Are you doing a scheduled workout program? Let me know how it is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment